Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's that time again.

It seems to that time again, when I go to check in on so called friends on facebook, to find they have deleted me.
This seems to happen every so often, and with no warning. And it's usually by people who I considered good friends, there is never any explanation either, I've just suddenly disappeared from their friends list.
Of course, when this happens, I have a tendency to do a friends list purge of my own, so I've gone and removed all the people who I barely ever talk to, barely get along with, or just don't care about. I can't remember how many people I got rid of last time, but this time it was around about 20 people. Most of them co-workers, or former co-workers, a couple of old family friends that I barely know, and one or two people who just irritate me in real life.
I know I'm probably doing the same thing that these so called friends of mine have done with a purge of my friends list, but to be honest, I've only gotten rid of the people who I don't have any contact with at all. The people who deleted me were people who I contacted and chatted to when the chance came along and time permitted. It just depresses me.

So anyway, in other news, I managed to injure myself at work. The people who stacked the milk crates at their distribution centre decided to put a broken milk crate right near the bottom of the stack, so as I was crouched down, trying to count the milk, when I moved the stack it decided to fall down on top of me. Well, not so much on all of me, just onto my wrist.
Thankfully, there are no major injuries, but my wrist is rather sore. It's not broken, but I have damaged the tendons, and I'm not having much fun writing this out. And also, thankfully, I managed to not break any of the milk containers. It was a stack of mostly cream and that sort of thing, so it wasn't very heavy, but still painful.
I'm on light duties now, for a week, because of it. I even ended up having an X-ray. Something I've only ever had before at the dentist. Wasn't much different, except they were scanning my arm rather than my face, so no piercings had to be removed.

Students are back in town. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. The bad thing about it is that there's now an increased work load at work, and we're probably not going to get any extra staff to deal with it. Today we had 16 pallets left over from yesterdays load, which should've been worked yesterday and last night, and a further 19 pallets came in today, which is supposed to be worked today and tonight. I have a feeling that tomorrow we'll be going in to having a lot of left over pallets again. I'd be surprised to see yesterdays load completely gone.
The good thing about students being back is that now there's all new eye candy in town. I know this is awfully shallow and sexist of me to say, but meh. I'm male, I like to look. And when attractive young women come through with their goods on display, I feel as though I'd be doing them a disservice to NOT look.

That's all I really have to say at the moment. Thanks for taking the time to read this wall of text.

1 comment: