Saturday, December 18, 2010

Complaining about work, again.

You'll probably notice a trend in my blog, and that will be me complaining about work, or work related matters.
It's not that I hate my job, I don't mind my job, it is monotonous, and kind of boring, but I get to display stock on shelves in a nice and tidy fashion, and I like doing that. The problem I have is my co-workers, and my bosses. Not all of my bosses, just most of them.

Like this, for example. One of my bosses came up to me yesterday, and pointed out that I didn't have a name badge on. Here's how the conversation went:
Me: "I told you on Monday, my name badge fell off in the storeroom somewhere, and I can't find it."
Boss: "So what have you done about getting a new one."
Me: "I told you, on Monday, that my name badge fell off in the storeroom somewhere, and I can't find it. I thought that you would get me a new one."
Boss: "So you haven't had a name badge in five days, and you haven't done anything about getting a new one."
Me: "I don't really notice when I don't have a name badge, this is my first day back from my weekend and the first day I notice I didn't have it."
Boss: "Well, as excuses go, that's a pretty weak one."

...

He still didn't go and get me a new name badge, I had to go seek out a different boss who got me one. He gets in moods like this when we have the royal visits. The royal visits being when the higher ups in the company come around to inspect the stores. It's funny though, when they do come around everyone gets in a frantic rush to clean everything up and have everything perfect for when they come and visit, to show that our store is nice and tidy. 'FUCK THAT', I say. Let them see our store as it normally runs, show them that we need more staff and that we're not getting by with the little we do have.
Granted we should be getting by with the staff we have, especially in my department, considering most of my co-workers are fucking muppets, who could be outworked by an untrained monkey. Ok, that is enough ranting for now.

In other news, I think that the bees are onto me. Each day that I've been walking since I posted my last PSA I've been confronted by no fewer than two bees on each occasion. They're trying scare tactics to get me to retract my statement about them. Well, I say NO, I will NOT retract my PSA about the bees! People need to be told what a menace they are, and that they must be stopped!
Also, I've decided on my next PSA, it will be about MMORPGs, and the dangers therein. Including the tale of how I became a MMORPGer, and the cycle of descent that MMORPGs caused to my life.

That's about all for today. It's almost Christmas time, I hope you people get to spend it with your families. Have a beer or two for me, I will probably be alone, so I'll have a beer or two for each of the people who read this blog. So I'll be having one or two beers.

One last thing. Follow the link to the facebook page for my blog, and like it. And then tell your friends to do the same, and their friends, and their friends friends. Maybe then someone who I don't know will actually like my blogs facebook page. >.<

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment