Saturday, December 11, 2010

I've been drinking.

So, as the title of this post states, I have been drinking this evening. It was a fun event, a couple of friends were having a sort of wedding party type thing for their South Island friends before their actual wedding up north. Was good, saw some old friends, met some new people. Overall it was fun. I even dressed up all formal like in my suit for the event.
I don't get many occasions to actually wear my suit, and I should wear my suit more often. It cost me a semi decent amount of money, and it hardly gets used. And by semi decent, I mean that from a low income perspective. I know to all the rich people out there my suit wouldn't even be worthy to wipe their shoes with, but meh. I like my suit, and I don't care about what other people think. I think it looks good, and that's all that matters really, isn't it?
Sorry, kind of got side tracked there speaking about how freakin' awesome I am. Anyway, back to the gathering of people. We migrated away from where the original party was located, went around to the couples flat for a wee bit, and then continued on to a karaoke bar. This is a decision that I came to regret, about 20 seconds after stepping into the place.
Now, I have nothing against karaoke, but that is a lie right there. I have everything against karaoke. If I had an awesome band, like some of the bands that their songs have been karaoke'd, and I heard people karaoke-ing my songs like some of these people, then I would actually murder them, like they murdered the songs. Maybe, just maybe, karaoke is good with a small gathering of friends, where everyone is already half cut. That way you don't embarrass yourself in front of total strangers, or rape their ear drums with your horrible rendition of whatever song you're trying to sing. Ugh.

I think that's about all I have to say about this evening. I'm glad I don't have to work tomorrow, because it is almost 2am and I haven't gone to bed yet. Good night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment