Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's a brave new world.

So, Minecraft Beta has finally arrived, and to celebrate its arrival, I have decided to start a new world in it, which I will chronicle here. I have started it on peaceful setting, so that I won't die as much, and so I can easily make things how I want them, without having to worry about skeletons, zombies and creepers messing things up for me.
Sadly, I didn't grab any screenshots of my unmolested world, but I haven't changed much yet, so here's some pictures of my world as it stands now.

This is looking out of my base, at where I spawned. This is also going to be the site for my quarry.

This is another shot from my base, looking almost opposite way to the previous picture. Up there is a mountain that looks full of coal, which is always handy. One day I will have a house at the top of that mountain.

This shot is from the other end of my quarry. It is 20 squares by 20 squares, and I hope to mine all the way down to bedrock.

This is looking down from above my base, my entrance is marked by a torch, as you can probably see, if I didn't have the torch there, it wouldn't be very easy to find the entrance to my base.

This is looking directly into my base. To get in, I have to hop over that piece of dirt that I am pointing at. This makes my base hard to find, hence why the torch is there. So I can find my way home.

And lastly, this is inside my current base. It's only small at the moment, but I will expand it, after I have mined down in my quarry.
So as you can see, I haven't done much to the map yet, I haven't explored it at all, other than travel up to the mountain to get some coal. I don't think I'll need to get any more from up there for a while anyway, there'll be some in my quarry.

Thanks all for reading, and I will be updating this every few days. Or maybe only once a week. I haven't decided yet.

Toodle-oo!

No comments:

Post a Comment